Wednesday, January 21, 2015

My 5 Strengths

My 5 Strengths

Gallup's Strengthfinder assessments are about 15 minute computerized tests that use science to assess one's strengths by asking a series of questions.My results told me that my top 5 strengths are:

Input:
My first strength was input. I believe I got this as my top strength because I'm very inquisitive in nature. I think Input would be useful in a group setting because the resourcefulness and curiosity lead them to store knowledge that can be culled and shared. Input belongs to the strategic thinking domain.

Adaptability:
Adaptability means that I am a "live in the moment" kind of person. This can help in a team, because of the way an adaptable person respond to chaos, people with adaptability find ways to keep moving when the unexpected happens. Adaptability belongs to the relationship building domain.

Deliberative:
People with strong deliberative talents are careful and vigilant. In a group setting people with deliberative talents bring a thorough and conscientious approach to their endeavors. Deliberative belongs to the executing domain.

Strategic:
People exceptionally talented in the strategic theme create alternative ways to proceed. Faced with any given scenario, they can quickly spot the relevant patterns and issues. When working in teams a strategic person would be very useful because they can easily find the best route moving forward. The strategic theme is a part of the strategic thinking domain.

Restorative:
People who fall under the restorative are adept at dealing with problems. They are good a figuring out what is wrong and resolving it. Those with strong restorative talents bring a solution-oriented mindset to group settings. The restorative theme belongs to the Executing theme.

Now that I have learned more about my strengths ill be sure to take advantage of them while working in an individual or group setting.

No comments:

Post a Comment